Monday, June 11, 2007

An unusually loquacious and humorous food service worker

So, El 3atal and I went to get some hommos for the kids at one of our favorite places (best hommos in town, in my humble opinion). El 3atal decided he might some fool, but only if it was nice and fresh. So, he asked (in one of those fabulous colorful Arabic expressions) if the fool was awake. So, here's the tenor of the conversation...

El 3atal: Is the fool awake today?
Food Service Worker: It's so awake, it's getting on its nerves.
E3: Good, hmmm, perhaps I'll have some.
FSW: You know, fool is full of so much protein, it's really good for you.
E3: Ah, yes, but the challenge is that so much protein can put you to sleep.
FSW: No, stop! Lies and rumors started by the butcher!

We took some of the very awake fool and I still laugh to think of those lies and rumors... I hope you enjoyed the encounter as much as I did.

Happy ordering!

3 Comments:

At 2:03 PM , Blogger Me said...

Very enjoyable read!! glad you enjoyed the fool and the hommos!

 
At 1:06 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

witty!

 
At 6:12 AM , Blogger MommaBean said...

Glad you enjoyed it ladies! Wish I were so quick on the uptake...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home