Tuesday, October 02, 2007

I Have Just Two Words for You: Bloomin' Onion

El 3atal and I visited Outback Steakhouse last week and I simply have to post about it. There have been a number of changes, but the right things have remained the same. You all may remember that in my "Foods I miss" post, I talked about a steak at the Outback. Well, I forgot a few things as well. Okay, for those of you (like me) who have been away for awhile, the Outback has gone non-smoking! Yes, that's right. A whole restaurant with no nasty stench of puffing smokers. What a nice surprise. The menu has changed (which it seems to do about every 6 months) making selection slightly more confusing, but generally was fine as they still have the Victoria's Filet (mm, mmm, good).

So, the steak was everything I had hoped it would be, but I had forgotten certain other things. Let me see...
  1. Can you say bloomin' onion? How, oh how, could I have forgotten this? Ah, the beauty of the onion cut to resemble a blossoming flower, then dipped in batter and deep fried... And, with a sauce with a bit of horseradish, just enough to give it kick... Oh my, my mouth is watering thinking about it. Perhaps I need to have another one this week :).
  2. Hot dark bread fresh out of the oven. Again, I SO didn't remember the bread. When the waiter offered it, of course I jumped on it. I had forgotten the joy of that thick, dark, bread with its grainy goodness. And the butter, melting onto the steamy bread. Ahhhhhhhhh.
  3. Ranch salad dressing. Now, if there's one thing that you can't get in Jordan (yeah I know there are many things, but allow me the poetic license), it's good ranch dressing. And, Outback has one of the best ranch dressings out there. I missed their salad for sure.
  4. Sweet tea. I've been having FAR too much of this Southern delicacy. And, the sweet tea at the Outback was fresh, cool, refreshing, and sweet. Just the way I like it...

Only four things, but I KNOW you get the picture. Over and out from the land down under (well, not really, but I ate like I was in the land down under, right?).

Happy bloomin!

2 Comments:

At 12:39 AM , Blogger UmmFarouq said...

I ate there for my birthday back in July. I topped off my steak and yummy salad and bread with a Chocolate Thunder from Down Under. Did you????

 
At 3:20 PM , Blogger MommaBean said...

Nope, skipped the chocolate thunder. Couldn't manage it after the onion. Too much food...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home