Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Don't you hate it when... (and an excuse to blog about my 5 Jordan happy things)

I just finished a long post the other day. It was really interesting, I swear. It was a look into the "other" side of Syria. You know, the side that ISN'T axis-of-evil, crazy Arab weirdness. THAT side. What? Some of you didn't realize there was such a side? Well, thanks to mean blogger (which swore it was saving as I went) that died as I tried to post, you'll have to wait and see when I feel up to tackling the topic again. Maybe, though, I should take it as a sign that the post I wrote just wasn't good enough... Sigh.

So, anyway, I'm going to post an I-love-Jordan-post! Here are today's five best things...
  1. The cute young lady trainers at the gym who call me on my cell phone to express how much they've missed me and ask when they'll see me again when I hit the 2 week mark of not going. How awesome is that?! Who needs a New Year's resolution when they'll poke you with a very gentle stick in the metaphorical eye?
  2. My kids' school which held first semester exams prior to Christmas so now they can do such remarkable things as pick a topic of focus and study it in-depth during January. Junior Bean's English classes have picked The Giving Tree. Each of the teachers will be taking a different focus (you know creative writing, conversation, and so on).
  3. The fact that people who have never even left Jordan know about and have some opinion on most world issues. Now, I didn't say they were KNOWLEDGEABLE opinions, but...
  4. Lovely friends from all walks of life who make living here an enriching, expanding experience.
  5. A full time helper who cooks and cleans. Honestly, this is the biggest blessing in my life these days. HelperBean keeps me sane in so many ways.
So, what can you add to my list? What great things are going on in your life today? Anything you're thankful for? Join the conversation... I dare you!

Happy Days!

5 Comments:

At 6:03 AM , Blogger abu 'n um tulip said...

Nothing specific, but our first (and probably last) visit to Syria made us thankful for a lot of things about Jordan!

 
At 7:37 AM , Anonymous kinzi said...

I loved Syria, we used to go a lot before kids (and $80 visas). Except the beach place we stayed in Lattakia, roach-hotel. It didn't help I was in the throes of terrible morning sickness, I suppose.

I loved the doorways of Damascus, the wall where Paul was launched over in a basket, the convent where we stayed, the Souk, stacks of beautiful table-clothes.

(hey, any chance you would want to switch to wordpress? I bet Robin would help you)

 
At 12:28 PM , Blogger MommaBean said...

Tulip, yeah I can imagine. But, I know that it has positive points too ;). Kinzi, EL 3atal was trying to convince me to switch to Wordpress as well. I can't see the benefits.

 
At 9:06 PM , Anonymous kinzi said...

Well, it is easier for commenters (one step instead of four), four bloggers I know have switched and said it is much easier, cleaner, and ALWAYS auto-saves. It seems the benes are seen best after the fact?

 
At 7:28 AM , Blogger MommaBean said...

Hmmm, I'm so lazy though. Well, we'll see, teehee.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home