Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Life is Good!

Got tagged. That mean Kinzi person tagged me. And I'm sure I ducked. Sigh. Okay, she's a sweet Kinzi person, but I still don't feel super and wanted to be playing some Farm Frenzy to take my mind off of my aches by now. And now I'm forced to blog. So, with no further ado (or whining and moaning), here it is!

1. If you blog anonymously, are you happy doing this? If you aren’t anonymous, do you wish you started out anonymously, so that you could be anonymous now?

I'm perfectly happy as an anonymous blogger. I chose cyber-schizophrenia intentionally. Part of the reason is that being blond and obviously Jordanian in American already makes me stand out. But, even in the US I would have blogged anonymously. With three small children, I want to keep their names and identities quiet so that no bad people come out of the woodwork with enough information to find us... So, yep.

2. Describe an incident that shows your inner stubborn side

I'm not stubborn. Never. Ever. Or stubbornly contrary. Honest. Ask El 3atal, he'll tell you. Although, those Beans, man THEY are stubborn. Can't figure out where they got it... must be El 3atal. Oh, wait, you want proof. There is a particular street neat Junior Bean's school that is a one way street. It is clearly marked (very). It is only wide enough for one car to traverse its narrow length. It has no driveways. And yet, people will come down it the wrong way. I make them back up (sometimes the entire length of the street if there aren't any empty parking spaces) since I'm driving legally. I figure the more painful it is for them, the more likely they'll think twice next time ;). Oh, and so you know just how stubbornly committed I am, I have (one more than one occasion) taken the keys out of the ignition and held them up to demonstrate to the rudesby driving the delivery truck that I wasn't going anywhere and he WOULD be backing up ;).

3. What do you see when you really look at yourself in the mirror?

I don't spend that much time looking in mirrors. But I can tell you, whatever is in that mirror isn't really me. I'm younger, thinner, and cuter than that matronly gal in the mirror ;).

4. What is your favourite summer cold drink?

Sweet tea. But then, you can't get that in Jordan ;).

5. When you take time for yourself, what do you do?

Read, read, read. Oh, and sleep after I read a bit.

6. Is there something that you still want to accomplish in your life?

Of course, life's not over until it's over. Until then, you gotta be looking out for new things to try, right? I want to learn to speak Arabic better, watch my kids and help shape and mold them as they grow and develop. Hmm... so many things.

7. When you attended school, were you the class clown, the class overachiever, the shy person, or always ditching?

Hmmm. None of those. I always had a group of friends who usually were like me. Not very rich, pretty smart but no over achievers, absolutely adorable and rather precocious. In high school I went to a smart kids' school. That was nice, I wasn't nerdy there... Teehee.

8. If you close your eyes and want to visualize a very poignant moment in your life, what would you see

Again, one moment?! Life is made up of these moments. The day the TwinBeans graduated from nursery school. The day ButterBean graduated from KG2, the day I realized that ButterBean was never ging back and I'd be a mom forever. So, many moments.

9. Is it easy for you to share your true self in your blog, or are you more comfortable writing posts about other people and events?

Well, I actually find that in writing about others, I'm usually writing about myself. I'm comfortable writing about myself but upon occasion self-censor so as not to hurt people I love with my random thoughts.

10. If you had the choice to sit down and read a book or talk on the phone, which would you do and why?

Read a book. Or talk to Kinzi. But not so much on the phone. But really, read a book (you know I read like 3 or 4 a week, right?.

That was actually kind of fun. My turn to tag. Only all of my old blogger buddies aren't blogging anymore. no more El 3atal, no more Um Farouq, boo hoo. How about I'm tagging Sojourney, Almond Joycie, and Emigrant2Immigrant. Love to know more about you ;).

Happy Tagging!

3 Comments:

At 8:18 AM , Blogger Dino$ said...

:) thanks for sharing

 
At 11:16 PM , Anonymous kinzi said...

Love hearing your thoughts and perspectives, ya MB. thanks for indulging me even though you weren't feeling good. :D

Shu Farm Frenzy? Is that like a blogging replacement?

 
At 8:14 AM , Blogger MommaBean said...

Dino, welcome. Visited your blog and found it very fetching. Kinz, Nope, it's a game... Don't go there, trust me. Addictive. And not in a good way.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home